DC60’s default PCB (non-Bluetooth version, provided by ALF) is powered by QMK and it supports a variety of layouts.
- Flashing a firmware will require that you have a keyboard firmware .hex file with correct layout information.
- .hex file can be generated either using a QMK compiler, or an online tool. In this guide, we will be demonstrating with the QMK firmware builder provided by qmk.fm, the website is: https://config.qmk.fm/#/dc60/LAYOUT or an adapted version by Ruiqi Mao. And the website is: http://qmkeyboard.cn/。
If you use qmk.fm, please go to https://config.qmk.fm/#/dc60/LAYOUT, and follow instructions provided by the author.
kbfirmware.com or qmkeyboard.cn
If you use http://qmkeyboard.cn/, please follow the steps below.
Create ANSI Layout .hex
- If you plan to build an ANSI layout, or a standard arrow cluster layout. Please first download the pre-configured json file (credits to Cary Cai), and upload it to the QMK firmware builder.
- After this step, you may click the KEYMAP button on the same page, and start configuring your layout. Specifically, you can modify each key on multiple layers. Make sure you assign MO(1) to the intended FN key in Layer 0.
- Once the layout is fully configured to your preference, you may click COMPLIE to download the .hex file.
2U Left Shift Layout .hex
Note that if you plan to build a 2u left-shift version, or even a Minila layout, please instead download this pre-configured json file, and use the same approach explained for the ANSI layout to create the .hex file.
WKL Layout .hex
If you plan to build a WKL version, download this pre-configured json file, and use the same approach explained for the ANSI layout to create the .hex file.
Flash the .hex
- Install and run the QMK Toolbox.
- To flash the .hex file, first disconnect the USB connector. Then press the space key and the B key together while connecting the USB to the computer. Your keyboard should now be in the flashing mode, and choose the .hex file and flash with one button. Voilà! Congratulations, and you have just finished flashing the DC60 firmware.
Hope you find this guide useful. If you have additional information, please hit me (oldcat) up in the ALF Discord Channel.