Is building a customized keyboard science or art? Can we design a keyboard that is based on the precision of science for perfect utility, and the good principles of art for ideal aesthetics?
Meet Doro67, a masterpiece 65% customized mechanical keyboard combining science and art of keyboard design.
After rapidly testing 2 prototypes, we now proudly announce the Groupbuy for Doro67. 80ultraman, designer of Doro67, takes this endeavor to heart, finetuning everything in this board hundreds of times to his standard of perfection. The making of Doro67 is the best case of practicing keyboard science, as every fine detail in the design has a scientific reasoning behind it. For example, the integrated 4mm plate allows for consistent typing feedback; and the low-profile front-end design allows for effortless typing with as well as without a wristrest. What’s best, he has decided to offer multiple types of layouts for enthusiasts who like compatibility.
Doro67 has also benefited from the incorporation of feedback and ideas from you, community members. We have taken suggestions from you seriously, discussing the feasibility, and implementing as they add value to the project. Since we have released tons of details for the design concepts, prototypes, and early renders in the Geekhack Interest Check Page, here we will go directly to the details of this group buy, with a few nice photos of the final prototype to share with you.
- 6061 Aluminum Case
- 4mm Integrated Plate, 4 different Layouts (ISO, splits, blocker, etc.)
- QMK PCB, with options for RGB LED PCB or Regular (Compatible) PCB
- 8 degrees slope
- USB-C (C2C) connector (cord not included)
- 4 rubber feet included
- Logo Engraving on the Bottom
- Customized keyboard box
- Designed by 80ULTRAMAN from the BackProp Studio (Gghi on Geekhack)
- Manufactured by ALF
- Default plate (minimal cuts with Blocker), colors, and PCB: $249
- Special Color: Pearl White (a.k.a., Everest White): +$50
- Customized Plates: ISO, Blocker Compatible, Non-blocker Compatible: +$20
- Upgrade to RGB PCB (only available for default plate): +$15
- Upgrade to Brass Bottom Slab: +$50
- Additional Brass Bottom Slab: +$70
- Pre-solder Services (with GMK screw-in stabilizers and 8 different switch options): + $55
- Extra RGB PCB: $55
- Extra multi-layer PCB: $40
Note: all prices exclude a 5% PayPal Fee/Exchange Fee, and shipping (SF Economy Express is our default courier - 4-6 business days Worldwide). To calculate shipping, please visit: SF Shipping Calculator.
Plate Layout Options:
GB Starts: 9/6/2018, in ALF Discord
GB Starts: 9/7/2018, in Geekhack
We expect to start shipping around 1.5 months after all payments are collected, depending on the number of orders we receive.
Join the Group Buy
To join the Group Buy, please fill out the following Google Form, and an invoice will be sent to you to confirm your spot.
And join ALF Discord to stay updated.